Thursday, December 1, 2011

Frienderview Fridayz!: Mike Ravelson!

Mike Ravelson is a new friend of mine. I met the guy up at hood two summers ago. He was a new counselor at HCSC and i was a returning dig-to-ride. I kept on thinking to myself, who is this Rav guy!?! He was doing such stylie snowboard tricks and always smiling when I saw him in line for the rope tow. Since that summer, Rav has never stopped amazing me with his radical snowboarding and his awesome attitude. He seems to always be stoked! So for Zany Earth's... first ever.. Frienderview Fridayz!... I'm FREEKING PUMPED for it!... 
MIKE RAV!
rp: 
How many years have you been boardin'?
rav:
I've been snowboarding for about 10 years I think
rp:
How did you get into it?
rav:
I was skiing with my dad at a local place called "ski Ward" and I saw some kids ride by on snowboards and I remember thinking "wow that looks awesome."
rp: 
What was your first time like?
rav:
I found 23 bucks worth of change at my house and went out and bought a yellow tie die plastic snowboard haha. I remember snowboarding down my neighbors front yard in sneakers, fell in love with it right there.

rp:
Tell us about loon... what was it like for you growing up there? what's it like now?
rav:
Well I didn't really grow up at Loon, Friends and I would always go on trips there on school vacation like a bunch of Massholes. But i'm so fortunate to have that as my home base now, the terrain and people are amazing.
rp:
What attracted you to mt. hood?
rav:
I remember seeing videos when I was a sophomore in High School, and convinced my parents to let me go that up coming summer if I saved half the money. It just looked amazing, and all the riders I looked up to went there for the summer.
rp:
Besides riding your snowboards, what else do you enjoy doing?
rav:
I love cooking. I'm always trying to find something new to learn how to make. There's nothing better than making food your proud of and eating it after.
rp:
Kiwis or Mangos?
rav:
Kiwis
rp: 
Do you like Gushers?
rav: 
Definitely down for Gushers
rp:
If you could design an alien body to live in, what would it look like and what sort of extra-terestrial powers would you have?
rav:
I dont really like the idea of living in an extra terrestrial body but it would be cool to hang with an alien. Especially ET.
rp:
Favorite grab to do on a snowboard?
rav:
Crail
rp:
People you think are super duper cool?
rav:
All of my roomates, Plymouth staters, Everyone I've ever snowboarded with, family, PAWH, my dog gabby.
rp:
Thanks homie!
rav:
Thanks Ryan




Big shout out to Mike Ravelson's snowboarding sponsors: Capita, Ashbury, ThirtyTwo, Union, Crab Grab, Cobra Dogs, Howl, Eastern Boarder, Wachusette Mountain, and Loon Mountain.